Whether you're looking for a party appetizer, or a fun dinner, these raw cauliflower "wings" will hit the spot! Easy to make, filled with live enzymes and healthy veggies. Takes approximately 10 minutes to prep, and 7-8 hours of dehydrating. Appliances needed: dehydrator, high speed blender, large mixing bowl. Use the hashtag #clementinecrossingrecipe if you try them!
• 1 large head of cauliflower
• 6-7 sundried tomatoes (pre-soaked for 2 hours )
• 1 pint (about 2 cups) of grape tomatoes
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 2-3 dates (depitted)
• 1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
• 1/4 tsp dried oregano
• few dashes of crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 large carrot, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1/2 tsp cayenne
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar (ACV) **
• 1/4 tsp of chili powder OR paprika (or both!)
• few stalk of celery to serve with
* optional: 1/4 tsp habanero powder (or an additional 1/4 tsp cayenne) for extra spicy wings
* optional: few dashes of turmeric
** If you do not want to use ACV, sub for 1 whole lemon, juiced (+ the 1/2 lemon juiced).
RANCHY, DIPPING SAUCE:
• 3/4 cup cashews (pre-soaked for 2 hours or more)
• 1 TBSP ACV OR 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1-2 cloves of garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1-2 tsp dried dill weed (or a few springs of fresh dill)
• 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1/4 cup water - Only add 1/4 TBSP at at time
* optional: 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
1. Wash the head of cauliflower and break apart into bite sizes pieces. Place in large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Place all ingredients (except cauliflower) into blender, and blend until smooth.
3. Pour “hot” sauce over cauliflower and distribute evenly, coating all the “wings.
4. Set dehydrator to 118F degrees, and set timer for 7-8 hours.
5. Place coated wings on dehydrator safe paper on dehydrator trays.
WARNING: do NOT put wax paper in dehydrator. if you do not have dehydrator liners, use parchment paper.
While wings are cooking, make dipping sauce! This is optional! If you do not feel like making a dipping sauce, feel free to dip your wings in mayo, blue cheese, or ranch (vegan, of course)!
1. Drain cashews and place in high speed blender. (I use my smaller / mini blender for this), and pulse a few times
2. Place rest of ingredients in blender with cashews EXCEPT water. Blend.
3. Then, only add 1/4 TBSP of water at at time, until you get the consistency you like.
Remember to tag @ClementineCrossing and Use the hashtag #clementinecrossingrecipe