"Roasted Red Hummus!"
Oil Free, Roasted Red Pepper, Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus!
This hummus is so delicious, no matter what you pair it with! The sun-dried tomatoes with the roasted bell pepper (although optional) tastes amazing! It’s plant-based, oil-free, gluten free, and heart healthy! Use as dip with veggies, as a snack with crackers, or as a spread on a sandwich. I even eat it with my salad!
- 1-2 whole red bell pepper, roasted ** see directions - 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt - 1/4-1/2 tsp cumin
- juice of one lemon
- Few cracks of black pepper (or about 1/4 tsp worth) - optional: 1 small handful of sun-dried tomatoes, pre-soaked for 1-2 hours and drained.
I highly recommend including this!!!
NOTE: Do not use tahini if you’re allergic to sesame ** ROASTING THE PEPPER, do this step ahead of time: 1. pre-heat oven to 475F degrees 2. cut pepper in half, and de-seed 3. place on parchment paper (on baking sheet), face down 4. bake/roast for 20-30 min or until it starts to char
- set to high broil until peppers blackened :)
HUMMUS: 1. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
NOTE: You don’t have to remove their skins, but if you do, it makes your hummus creamier! Just simply pinch each bean and it’s skin will pop right off! 2. Place all ingredients, including roasted pepper, into a food processor (or a high speed blender), and blend until smooth. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times, and blend for a few minutes.
3. You may also find it starts to thicken too much. If/when this happens, add 1 TBSP of water at a time (in place of oil), until you get the consistency you like. I ended up using about 1/3 cup of water.
If you used too much water in previous step, no worries! Just add some extra lemon and water, and make it a salad dressing for the week